Bacon Wrapped Bratwurst
Yo Dawg, I heard you like meat so I wrapped your meat in some meat. Welcome the bacon wrapped bratwurst, a work born from leftover bacon and a craving for bratwurst. You can toss these on the grill from a fun summer, but for those of us these are going to be cooked on the stove.
2 Pretzel buns
1/2 cup sliced onions
1/2 cup sliced red pepper
4 Slices bacon
- In a skillet, cook the bratwurst until brown (2-3 minutes). Turn occasionally.
- Remove bratwurst and wrap each sausage in 2 slices of bacon
- Return bratwurst to skillet and cook for 5 more minutes or until bacon has reached desired level of crispness. Turn ocassionaly
- Remove bratwurst and set aside
- In the same skillet sauté the onions and red pepper
- Place each bratwurst in a pretzel bun and top with peppers and onion
Pairs well with:
Mustard (or queso)