Taste Test Thursday: Broccoli Crunch Salad
Now that Spring is here, I am ready for all of the seasonal veggie recipes. A tasty salad is always a good plate to take to a BBQ or just have with dinner at home. This salad satisfies many cravings too with guilt-free salty and crunchy attributes. It helps that this dish only takes minutes to make.
1 Broccoli or bag of frozen broccoli
2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt - I use coyo or try mayo
4 Slices of Bacon
1/4 onion sliced
Salt & Pepper
1 Teaspoon Tahini
-Prepare your broccoli. It is entirely up to you. It can be steamed, roasted, or even used raw.
- Preset oven to 410. Wrap 3 garlic cloves and the sliced onion in foil and lay your bacon out on a bacon sheet (you can also pan fry it). Remove the garlic after 5 minutes or once soft and the bacon after 12.
- Make the dressing. Peel and dice the roasted garlic then mix it into the yogurt. Lastly, mix in a teaspoon of tahini.
- In a large bowl add the broccoli, nuts, onion, almonds, and bacon. Mix in the dressing.
- Add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste.
* If you want a little something sweet in the salad add some crasins or raisins.
Pairs Well With:
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes